Financial Reporting Manager
Role: Financial Reporting Manager
Full time, permanent.
This is the job
As the Financial Reporting Manager you will be a team manager within the Financial Reporting and Controls Team providing management accounting and reporting services to specific business areas.
What will I be doing?
- Managing the completion of month end including SAP journals, accruals and prepayments
- Liaising with Finance Business Partners assisting in the financial management of the business
- Preparing month end reports with detailed analysis and commentary on the financial results
- Ensuring accuracy and understanding of our actual reporting
- Consolidating forecast, budget and three-year plan submissions from the business and updating planning and consolidation system
- Preparing headcount costs information
- Balance sheet reconciliations and financial control
- Working with the wider finance teams to continually improve processes and automate reporting
- Cash flow reporting and work alongside the Treasury function to develop cash reporting processes
- Ad hoc projects and analysis to support Finance Business Partners
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience gained in similar working environment
- Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Highly numerate with good communication skills, both verbal and written with strong report writing skills
- Experience of working with ERP systems (e.g. SAP)
- Technical accounting knowledge and background
- Experience of managing others
Education and Qualifications:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Initiative to find solutions and improve ways of working
- Able to work unsupervised and outside defined scope of the role
- Commercially minded
- Accurate, thorough and reliable
- Self-motivated, highly organised and methodical with attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and ambitious
- Able to meet tight deadlines and deal with the prioritisation of conflicting requirements
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.