Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioner - North Hykeham
Do you have the passion to make a difference to patients who need MSK treatment? Are you already an APP looking to add extra skills to you portfolio, or a Senior Physiotherapist looking for the next step in your career If so, we may have the job for you!
We believe patients deserve quick and convenient assessment, diagnosis and treatment. Our clinical assessment and treatment services (CATS) deliver this in a single service. We provide expert clinical assessment and diagnostics as well as , soft tissue and joint injections, initial physiotherapy treatment and lifestyle advice and managements. We operate from six convenient locations across the county all within existing health centres and hospitals, offering the patient the best possible care closer to home.
Due to service expansion we have an exciting and a new opportunity for an Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioner (APP) to join our clinical team and help us maintain our 100% success rate of patients recommending our service to their family and friends!
Our team consists of Orthopaedic Consultants, a Clinical Lead and APPs. We can provide a structured mentoring, training and support programme in order for you to develop in your role. This alongside regular department in-service training and funding for external clinical courses provides an excellent supportive learning environment in order to continually develop your own personal learning and CPD.
To find out more about a day in the life of a practitioner at LCATS click here..
About the Job
This is a full time permanent role (or choice to be self-employed / bank contract) however for the ideal candidate we can be flexible on hours and will consider part time.
The role will require multiple site working, however your main base will be the clinic located closest to your home address. Sites we will require you to cover are as listed below:
- North Hykeham
The working pattern will be agreed with the successful candidate however there is no on-call or compulsory weekend work which will allow for a strong work life balance!
• Managing a case load of patients with varying diagnosis and/or highly complex needs using evidence
based and/or patient centred principles.
• Working closely with the Clinical Lead, including supporting and coordinating clinical education within
• Acting as a source of expertise in the management of the service by providing advice to patients and
other healthcare professionals, GP’s and Consultants.
• Performing steroid injections as appropriate
* Taking part in MDT clinics with Orthopaedic Consultants
* An opportunity to be involved in an FCP pilot if interested
What can we offer you?
• A salary between £40,000 - £45,000 per annum pro-rata dependent on experience
• 25 days annual leave + 8 public holidays (pro rata for part time)
• Company pension scheme
• CPD (including free online and face-to-face training, we also offer support for external courses and
provide regular in-service training)
• Regional/National opportunities
• Cycle to work scheme
What we’ll need from you
• A qualified Physiotherapist with valid HCPC pin number.
• Appropriate post graduate training
• Have recognised/validated orthopaedic musculoskeletal postgraduate training
• Have a full UK Driving License and access to your own transport
An added bonus (but not essential) would be for you to have the below
• Working towards or hold a qualification to administer peripheral joint/soft tissue injections
• Previous experience of orthopaedic triage
Once you have pressed apply to this job, you will be contacted by a recruiter by phone or email.
If you have been shortlisted, the recruiter will submit your CV to the hiring manager who will in turn arrange an interview with you if they feel that you are suitable for the job.
If you would like more information about the job or if you would like to view the Job Description, please contact Lucy Brown – /
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We offer regular department in-service training, funding for external clinical courses and an excellent supportive learning environment in order to continually develop your own personal learning and CPD. You will work closely with our Orthopaedic Consultants, delivering MDT clinics and if you are interested you can be involved with our FCP pilot.