About the Company:
OHES Environmental Ltd, part of the Adler and Allan Group, is a multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy operating across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. OHES has grown and diversified over the last 16 years to a point where our business is led and staffed by some of the brightest and most experienced consultants in the UK market place. More recently, in response to client demands, the Company have constructed a number of product bundles from their full range of services, which are designed to overcome environmental challenges in specific markets and sectors.
We are looking to appoint an Environmental Consultant based in either our Manchester, Doncaster, Carlisle or Edinburgh offices. Reporting to the Regional Manager North, the Environmental Consultant will undertake any or all required tasks to facilitate planning, procurement, supervision, data collection and presentation in relation to Contaminated Land Investigation and Remediation works.
Environmental Consultant Responsibilities:
Employed on a full-time basis with the need to satisfy overtime requirements and to regularly stay away from home overnight, key tasks and accountabilities are as follows:
- Undertaking desk-based studies including creation of simple conceptual site models. Undertaking preliminary risk assessments.
- Assisting with planning and design of contaminated land and groundwater investigations.
- Supervision of sub-contractors undertaking ground investigation and remediation works. Systematic and accurate data collection. Logging soil and rock to British/European standards.
- Undertaking or assisting with generic/detailed quantitative risk assessments.
- Factual report writing and assisting with the production of interpretative reports.
- Undertaking or assisting with remedial options studies and remedial design works.
- Field supervision / validation of remediation works.
- Assisting with project management.
- Supporting team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices at all levels.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring consistently regular, systematic and accurate record keeping, timely production of information and good communication skills.
- The post holder must understand the need for team working and demonstrate commitment to the teamwork ethic.
- The post holder will be expected to take ownership of tasks and deliver them to Project Managers on time and within budget.
Environmental Consultant Requirements:
The post holder will be expected to possess a sound understanding of basic concepts in earth/environmental sciences and be capable of producing simple but robust Conceptual Site Models. Applicants should be qualified to Bachelor’s Degree level in geology, environmental science, environmental chemistry or similar discipline with Contaminated Land and Groundwater Project Management experience, in either a contracting or consulting organisation. Due to the requirement to travel to customer and Company sites, the post holder must have a full clean UK driving licence. Proof of the right to work in the UK will be required, and the postholder may be required to undertake a DBS check to satisfy client requirements.
If you feel that you meet the Environmental Consultant requirements, then please apply now!