Engineering Manager / Maintenance Manager
Position: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Hull, East Yorkshire
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 /year + Bonus + Pension
We are part of the international Michelin group of companies, is a global leader in the manufacture of premium solid woven conveyor belting for mining and extractive industries worldwide.
The Role - Engineering Manager / Maintenance Manager
The person appointed will be the intended successor for the position of Engineering Manager to whom they will in the first instance report. The appointee will take responsibility for the direction, motivation and development of a multi-disciplined site maintenance team. They will liaise closely with factory production management to:
- Plan and co-ordinate PPM activities for our varied range of production plant to ensure its world class reliability.
- Support and drive factory output target achievement through continuously improved OEEs.
- Lead engineering improvements to support the priority of continuous improvement in both safety and product quality.
- Within the site engineering team, lead and develop the framework for compliance and on-going improvement in safety performance.
- Manage the use of contractors and consultants as appropriate.
The appointee will also assist the Engineering Manager with development projects at the Hull site and potentially at overseas sites as required.
This appointment is being recruited as succession planning for the retirement of the Engineering Manager.
- An engineering graduate, both electrically and mechanically qualified, suitable candidates will already have gained several years’ experience in a management role and will be looking to move to the next stage of their career development.
- Experience of engineering maintenance within an industrial manufacturing environment is essential.
- Candidates should have good knowledge of health and safety legislation and relevant environmental regulations.
- A demonstrable commitment to lean manufacturing and continuous improvement in work roles to date is essential.
- Excellent man management and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of SolidWorks would be an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and long established organisation in a varied and challenging role.
- Salary of £40,000 - £45,000 /year
- Competitive bonus structure
- Company pension and life assurance scheme
- Subsidised sports centre membership
- Michelin product discounts
- Childcare voucher scheme
To apply to our vacancy for an Engineering Manager / Maintenance Manager, please click Apply and submit a copy of your CV for consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you.