School Payroll Assistant
- To be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of the monthly teaching and support staff payrolls from start to finish
- To ensure all payroll data is processed accurately.
- To review source documentation, calculate and process all monthly variable payroll transactions onto payroll software
- To process permanent payroll transactions (starters, leavers, salary and pension amendments, childcare vouchers etc.)
- Processing of monthly statutory payments (SSP, SMP etc).
- Calculation and processing of ad-hoc deductions
- Reconciliation of monthly payroll to accounting software nominal codes by nominal link.
- Reconciliation of statutory deductions
- Prepare BACS payments files for approval in respects of salaries, pensions, PAYE, AOE etc
- Production and distribution of payslips
- Produce and distribute all payroll documentation (P45, P60, P11D etc)
- Manage all payroll queries
- Process Court Orders and Attachment of Earnings Orders
- Prepare and update annual staff budget as directed by the Head of HR
- Ensure all employee payroll and personal data is accurate and up to date
- Ensure payroll software is regularly updated
- Ensure development and maintenance of the payroll system as system administrator.