An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Lawyer/Privacy Specialist to join the legal team of a household brand based in Reading.
You will be responsible for providing strategic and practical advice across the company related to UK and EU data protection and privacy law, including leading on projects with a data protection impact.
You will also deputise for the Data Protection Officer (DPO) as required and give advice and support the other Data Protection Solicitors and Data Protection Specialists.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide first class advice and guidance to relevant stakeholders in relation to Data Protection and the requirements of the GDPR.
- Support the Head of Data Protection and DPO in maintaining a data protection culture across the businesses and monitoring compliance with the internal protection control framework(s).
- Be an expert in data protection and privacy as it relates to contracts including data processing and data sharing agreements and to include processing outside the EEA. (Model clauses and Privacy Shield);
- Supervise and advise on data protection impact assessments.
- Support the data incident response and data breach notification procedures and ensure compliance with relevant requirements
- Prepare and deliver training at all levels of the company and supporting SSE's data protection champions.
- Maintain expert knowledge of GDPR and data protection as it applies to SSE.
In addition, you will be accountable for identifying, building and maintaining relationships between DPO Office and key senior management and specific area stakeholders to assist in the development of DPO Office profile and to achieve resolution of any issues.
Ideally you will be:
- a qualified solicitor with at least 5 years PQE or experience in legal, compliance, risk, security, or audit, with significant experience in a data protection role
- Have a strong knowledge of data privacy legislation in the UK, including GDPR,
- Have demonstrable experience of managing data incidents and breaches
- Have experience of interacting with and building trusting relationships with key internal stakeholders, business partners and, if appropriate, Regulatory Authorities.
If you are interested or know someone who is please give Paige a call on .