Finance Systems Development Accountant - FTSE 100
One of the UK's leading energy suppliers are seeking a Finance Systems Development Accountant. The role can be based in Reading, Perth or Edinburgh
This is a key role working within a specialist team providing expert advice and guidance into Group wide system development projects, particularly Oracle PBCS application, impacting the Finance organisation working closely with cross functional teams from inception through to delivery.
Permanent Full Time Permanent with Flexible working patterns available - 37 hours per week
The successful candidate will ideally have 3 years PQE together with a track record of successful Oracle(Hyperion) Planning / PBCS System support.
The Finance Systems Accountant will lead the systems support for PBCS across the project lifecycle, from analysis, design and development to testing and delivering training and then into implementation and business as usual. Supporting newly implemented PBCS models, they will be expected to take on responsibility for the day-to-day management and support of models together with playing an active part in further development as requirements emerge.
* Support functional design and development on PBCS systems development.
* Ensure consistent controls, policies, procedures, and standards are in place across all models.
* Work closely with business representatives, project management and IT technical specialists to ensure project deliverables are completed to plan.
* Manage ITSC faults assigned by the team through to resolution.
* Maintenance of user accounts and metadata while co-ordinating the up-date of system policies and procedures.
* Deliver end user training.
Skills & Experience
* Qualified accountant with significant experience with system support and maintenance Oracle (Hyperion)Planning and PBCS applications.
* Significant experience of Financial Reporting and leading practice Planning and Budgeting techniques.
* Understanding of Financial Control and Governance framework.
* Experience of analysing and mapping complex processes
* Ability to make a positive impact in a cross-functional workshop environment
* Ability to understand complex technical issues and communicate them in simple terms
* Expert level knowledge in the use of MS Office suite, particularly PowerPoint, MS Project, and Visio.
* Full understanding of Oracle (Hyperion) Planning / PBCS support and maintenance, including best practice SQL coding procedures.
* Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and presentation skills.
* Understanding of process analysis techniques and proficient in creating detailed process maps and associated work instructions.
* Ability to work with all levels of the Organisation.
Personal Attributes / Competencies
* Proven experience within a Finance or Financial Systems development environment.
* Educated to Degree level.
* CCAB qualified accountant with post qualification experience.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.