Administrator Maternity cover
Job title: Administrator (Maternity Cover)
Location: Enfield Campus
Salary: £15,874.40 - £16,854.40 per annum inclusive of London Weighting
Hours: Maternity Cover, Part time, Four day per week, 28.8 hours
Our client is the only College in London that aims to deliver outstanding and inspirational land-based learning opportunities across the Greater London region. Our most recent Ofsted report rated the College "good" with good effectiveness of leadership and management. Aspiring to excellence, the College has an excellent reputation for quality, is financially strong and has continuous growth in student numbers. Fundamental to the College's forward-thinking strategy is support for the environment and food supply in Greater London and the southeast.
We are currently looking for an Administrator for our Enfield Campus, who will be the first point of contact with other college departments involved in the administration of apprenticeships and industry training and with external bodies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To act as senior administrator of Smart Assessor, working with tutors and assessors to ensure this system retains comprehensive and up-to-date data on apprentice activity and progress
- To prepare Agendas and take minutes at monthly progress meetings of the AIT team and the delivery teams
- Under the direction of the PSC Manager and working with Admissions ensure data on short course applicants is entered so as to enable timely enrolment and the collection of fees
- Under the direction of the Apprenticeship Manager, and working with the Admissions team, to:
- Prepare, send and receive completed Apprenticeship Service Agreements from new employers
- Prepare, send and receive completed vacancy forms for new apprenticeship posts
- Arrange for the assessment of apprentice applicants and collect feedback on interviewees in order to inform the short listing process
- Administer the sign up of new apprentices, preparing paperwork for staff conducting sign up and checking returned paperwork is accurate and complete
- Under the direction of the AIT Director to contribute to reports as required on apprenticeship and short course performance and strategy
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of working in an educational environment
- Experience of administration, including the use of microsoft office software
- Experience of working across departments to coordinate activity
- Understanding of apprenticeships and industry training
- Effective personal communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and calmly under pressure
- Good level of general education including Key Skills, particularly in literacy and/or numeracy and/or IT
- Familiarity with ILT applications
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- An understanding of and commitment to Diversity & Equality as it applies to a supportive service and in the workplace
- Commitment to inclusive and comprehensive educational provision
What's in it for you?
We offer a unique working environment with a range of benefits including:
- Access to the LGPS Pension Scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Superb staff development opportunities
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and barring list check as it is within regulated activity due to the college being defined as a 'specified place'. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on 'Apply' and complete an online application form.
Closing date is 26th April 2019