Systems Hardware Engineer - Christchurch - Contract
Systems Hardware Engineer
12 Month Contract
£41 per hour LTD
Advantage Resourcing are currently looking for a Systems Hardware Engineer for a global defence organisation based in Christchurch. The role is a 12 month contract paying £41 per hour LTD.
Your responsibilities will include estimation of development activities, design of technical solutions, implementation or subcontract of proposed solutions and the testing involved in verifying them. You will also be required to help in diagnosing and solving customer reported issues.
As part of the development team you will be expected to work closely with your team members, as well as providing support to other teams such as business winning, development, test, and support teams.
You will support the design, qualification and implementation of our deliveries at the operational level. In other words, not only will you be responsible for ensuring the components comprising our systems meet their requirements but you will be responsible for ensuring our delivered products operates and integrates correctly with the customers extant operational systems.
A Hardware Systems Engineer is also responsible for the helping ensure the overall Physical, Electrical and environmental compliance of the delivered System, ensuring it meets both Product Safety mandates and the statutory requirements of the customer's base of operation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing Hardware and Systems Engineering support to the business development activities, including study/experimentation activities, system de-risking activities, interfacing with suppliers and interaction with prospective customers at a technical level
- Development and implementation of technical solutions that meet the customer requirements
- Provision of realistic estimates for specified activities to the development lead
- Accurately report on progress
- Complete work to a high standard and to scope, quality and budget
- Support System Integration activities
- The safe design of the system prior to delivery and for the preparation of information required by the Design Authority to support the Design Certification and Certificate of Design activities
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
A strong Hardware and Systems Engineering background, preferably with a degree in a related discipline.
A good understanding of the complete engineering lifecycle and configuration management.
A good working knowledge of the development processes (e.g. requirements, design, specification, implementation, integration and testing, acceptance), and development tools (e.g. Requirements Management, Modelling and defect reporting systems)
A background in Communications (voice, data and radio products)
Experience of providing engineering input and support to business development activities would be an advantage.
Demonstrable knowledge or experience in some or all of the following would be especially desirable, in particular their applications in a military context:
- Electrical engineering disciplines e.g. BS7671 qualified
- CAD experience / familiarity desirable
- Communications technologies: IP networking (including network design), VOIP, Point-to-Point radio links, serial communication, 4G mobile technologies, network security, network management,
- A good understanding of designing equipment to meet stringent environmental requirements such as EMC/T, Environmental etc. (awareness of associated DEF-STANS would be desirable)
- Understanding of Design Certification and Product Safety Processes
- Familiarity with Export control and ITAR rules and regulations would be desirable
If you believe you have the right skillset for the role please apply or for a confidential conversation about the role please contact David Catterall onAdvantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.