Our client is currently recruiting for a Project Manager to work in their head office in Manchester working within their Marine department on large scale projects on a national basis.
* Understanding and interpreting client's technical specifications and commercial documentation.
* Organising any deliverable packages.
* Obtaining quotes from suppliers and procurement of equipment.
* Organising of goods to be shipped and generation of all relevant shipping documentation.
* Organising and coordinating any site labour requirements
* Being financially responsible for projects
* Developing progress and financial reports for the management team
* Ensuring that projects are brought to conclusion on time within budget and to the client's satisfaction.
There will be some travel mainly in the UK but Overseas travel may be required from time to time
* Contract Control
* Cost Control, preparing monthly forecasts
* Procurement of Equipment
* Planning work scopes
* Managing the design deliverables
* Liaising directly with the client and approval authorities
* Experience in interpreting clients technical specifications
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft std packages
* UK Passport and willing to travel
* UK driving license
* HNC/HND in Engineering
* Experience in project planning
* Experience in the Marine Industry
* Experience in the Fire Protection or Fire Detection industry
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.