Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager required for a lovely and vibrant organisation in Swindon as they continue a very exciting transformation journey. This role will deliver on a range of projects covering software, infrastructure and applications and will require candidates with a broad delivery background.
The role of Senior Project Manager will contribute to the delivery of the vision by managing the delivery of IT programmes and projects as assigned by the Programme and PMO Manager acting on behalf of the IT Investment Board. Working closely with project sponsors, stakeholders and the business analysts you will ensure that project scopes are well defined with business benefits clearly articulated, achievable and ultimately realised. Throughout the duration of each project you will proactively manage stakeholders at all levels across the organisation undertaking relevant, timely and appropriate communication, ensuring engagement from the business is sustained.
On a day to day basis you will ensure that your programmes and projects are effectively resourced and appropriately funded, taking responsibility for the day to day management of your project teams and finances. You will monitor progress and flag up risks and issues, at all times utilising the agreed project governance and standards to support successful delivery.
We are looking for relevant experience in the following areas -
- Significant experience in delivering complex IT programmes and projects including software and infrastructure.
- Highly experience in stakeholder management and business engagement.
- Proven experience of managing and working within programmes and projects involving teams drawn from different organisations and disciplines.
- Highly experienced in benefits realisation principles.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with staff at all levels across the organisation as well as a range of partners and third parties outside English Heritage.
- Able to manage and organise potentially conflicting priorities for both personal workloads and across both programme and project teams.
- Strong experience of producing work of a high quality to challenging deadlines and budgets.
- Highly experienced in making excellent and reasoned decisions.
- Proven experience of bringing innovative ideas to deliver real gains in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Demonstrable experience in successfully managing business change as part of a programme/project delivery.
It would be highly beneficial for candidates to have Prince 2 experience ideally with Practitioner level certification coupled with knowledge of Business Analysis and Agile (Scrum)
In return we are offering a very competitive starting salary coupled with a lovely working environment and a great range of benefits.
If you are interested in discussing this role please send over your CV for immediate consideration