Legal and Contracts Executive
Legal and Contracts Executive - Solicitor
Bracknell based with regular travel to Paddington
Who We Are - Diebold Nixdorf - Customer Focus - Operational Excellence - Culture and Talent
Find your future here!
Join our team of inventors, problem solvers and future-focused thinkers to be a part of building solutions that bridge the physical and digital worlds.
24,000 employees globally, 900 in the UK, trading in 130 countries with a revenue of $4.6 billion. 10 million+ service calls each year, 2 million+ installed POS and ATMS. Partners to most of the top 25 retailers and top 100 banks.
What We Do - Diebold Nixdorf is changing the future of how people interact with financial institutions and retailers. We bring together the best in services-led, software-enabled expertise and innovation.
We Automate, Digitize and Transform the Way People Bank and Shop.
DN Vynamic Software - The industry's first end-to-end connected commerce portfolio
DN AllConnect Services - Your Team, Powered by Ours
ATM as a Service - The global "as a Service" market is set to grow by 38% by 2020 - a tailor-made solution that optimizes your self-service fleet.
Summary of the Job
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Diebold Nixdorf supporting the Legal Counsel for the UK & Ireland and General Counsel for EMEA (as and when required). You will also have the opportunity to further develop your qualifications and learn a specialist topic, as well as understanding the practical application of the law rather.
- Review, draft and negotiate documentation and contracts
- This role is working mainly within the legal and contracts management function of the UK organisation primarily in the identification and mitigation of risk, with some support to EMEA as and when required.
- The team has a large remit that covers the design of solutions and systems to make the contract process more fluid.
- Liaison with lawyers
- Challenge and question the sales teams dissecting contracts.
- Involvement in the contract management lifecycle and new systems that are currently being developed
- Database management and new workflows.
- Inform the company about new systems and solutions that are being developed
- "How too" documents, boiler plate library and forward planning.
- Respond to employee queries relating to contracts and legal subjects
- Training support for the business
- Must have experience and a passion for commercial contract Law
- In house experience would be an advantage
- Experience of working in the following sectors - Technology, services and outsourcing
- Experience of reviewing supplier contracts would be an advantage
- Attention to detail
- Highly motivated
- Sociable with customers and internal stakeholders
- Can do attitude
- Good word and excel
- Familiar with finance tools
- LLB (or equivalent non-law degree with GDL) and Legal Practice Course (LPC)
- CILEx level 6, legal executive
- An understanding of Property Law is also advantageous
- An understanding of Litigation (Defense and prosecution) and able to stand their ground in contentious situations.
- A healthy respect for governance standards but tempered by being solutions orientated
- At least 2 years 'Post-Qualified experience
If you feel that the summary above is something you could be passionate about and also where you can make a real difference, then we would love to hear from you.