Client is a family business where changing people’s lives through the products that they design, manufacture and install is a daily occurrence. With 35 years’ experience under their belt, they are a leading provider in the UK, a market leader in Europe and have a presence in many other countries worldwide.
Based at their ISO9001 accredited, purpose-built manufacturing facility in Derbyshire, they believe the future success and growth of their business is inextricably linked to the introduction of innovative, high quality solutions.
They are now recruiting an additional Design Engineer to work within a focused Research & Development team, capable of taking the lead on your own projects whilst contributing to those of your colleagues through collaborative and cross functional working.
You will have proven experience of developing products from idea through to production prototype whilst fully considering design for manufacture and assembly.
Candidates at various stages of their career development will be considered, but full project experience is a pre-requisite.
- Degree or equivalent Qualifications in Product Design / Mechanical Engineering or related subject
- You will have a mechanical engineering background, with strong experience in the design and development of mechanical structures and mechanisms.
- Be fully conversant with all aspects of Solidworks 3D CAD
- Experience of developing New Products to satisfy end user needs
- Create product specifications, project plans and detailed designs.
- Select the optimum materials and manufacturing methods to meet business and product needs
- Validate and verify designs by prototyping, testing and first batch manufacture support
- Ensure products meet appropriate safety and performance standards for CE marking
- Ability to manage a project to conclusion, on time and on budget
- Possess a passion to succeed and make a difference to the customer
- Enthusiastic and Energetic with a positive "Can Do" attitude
- An excellent communicator, able to work cross functionally
- Computer Literate with the ability to work unaided.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work on your own initiative and contribute to the continuous improvement philosophy which exists within the company
- Understand the principles of design for manufacture and assembly
- Excellent command of the English Language (Both written and spoken)
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary £30,000 - £40,000, negotiable dependent on experience
- Flexi-hours option
- Pension Scheme
- 31 days holiday
- Extra holidays for length of service
- Life Insurance
- Profit related pay
- Incentive schemes
- Retail discount scheme
Commutable from Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham and Mansfield