We are in the business of marketing services. We optimise marketing activities by adding value to customer and prospect communications, online and offline. We work with our customers on the planning, creation and delivery of their marketing communications and POS material.
We are looking for a release manager who will take the lead in providing governance around software deployments to our UAT and production environments.
The release manager will work with multiple stakeholders from PMO, Development, IT Ops and other areas to control the release process and will own the release management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, projects and programmes. Where necessary the release manager will provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
The release manager will be responsible for implementing and managing the release processes through test and production environments. The release manager works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects.
The release manager also works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
The release manager’s responsibilities also include building the IT release schedule working closely with the stakeholders from different portfolios across IT and centralising the view of all releases. Lead the effort in defining the strategic direction for release management tools to ensure the process requirements of release management are built in. The Release Manager will assist in managing projects and interdependence to ensure milestone adherence and ensure the integrity of releases can be measured.
- Forward plan the release windows and cycles across the Portfolio.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Conduct release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Produce deployment, run books and implementation plans.
- Weekly release reporting
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyse their application to current configuration needs.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
- Formal training in project management practices preferred.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Experience around change processes.
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel, working Knowledge of Access, Planner and Project