1st Line NOC Engineer
Our clienthas an exciting opportunitybased in Solihull, on a full time, permanent basis. In return you will receive a competitive salary with excellent additional benefits.
Our client’s vision is clear: they want to change people’s digital experience in a connected world. They understand that communications are as essential to business today as power, water or gas. Connectivity isn’t about LAN, WAN, Internet or Voice, it’s about connecting users and devices to the applications and services they need.
They earn the trust of our partners and regulators every day by delivering superior service through superior people and processes. No-matter your need you can trust the company deliver connectivity you can rely on – they’re Connectivity-as-a-Service and their people. If you have the no nonsense, agile approach to match our DNA, then this is the role for you.
- Competitive Salary
- Substantial Bonus Opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance (medical, mental, optical & dental)
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Holidays with option to buy or sell
- Reward & recognition incentives
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Purpose of the role:
You will provide a single point of contact for our customers to report network faults to the company. The Network Operations Centre provides support 24 x 7 x 365 across the entire client base whilst delivering an excellent customer service experience. The role is a key position within the organisation and will be instrumental in building customer relationships, delivery of Services and customer retention.
- Delivery of a world class customer service experience
- End to end Incident Management throughout the Incident lifecycle
- Supplier Management
- Create and submit knowledge article to increase 1st time fix rates
- Maintain & update NOC processes and procedures
- Ensuring faults are escalated and resolved within the customer contracted Service Level
- Pro-actively monitoring customer networks via the company’s internal monitoring system, investigating, troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Providing Incident management and technical resolution of 1st line network related faults and timely escalation to 2nd line when required
- Maintaining and updating the fault management systems throughout the Incident lifecycle
- Engaging and proactively feedback on system and process improvement
- Complete low-level Change requests
- Providing the customer with a key contact during the incident lifecycle
What you need for the role:
- Gained an IT qualification e.g CCNA (or working towards)
- Experience with Cisco
- Ideally previous work experience within a busy customer service centre in a Telecoms, Data Centre or IT
- Able to demonstrate previous experience of working high pressure environments and dealing with pressurised situations
- Good understanding of helpdesk or customer service environment
- A basic understanding of networking