Junior Software Tester
Are you an imaginative and extremely talented, sensationally awesome Junior Tester? Then Growth Engineering want you!
We're looking for someone who wants to be an important part of something big, something epic...
Who Are Growth Engineering?
Growth Engineering are on a mission to wage war against dull online learning and unleash superheroes across the globe. We do this by creating best-in-class SaaS learning solutions and rolling them out across the world’s biggest and most innovative organisations.
To create learning technology solutions that inspire an ever-growing, unstoppable, worldwide community of highly-engaged learning superheroes, whose performance has been supercharged through gamification, social learning and epic meaning.
We have ambitious growth targets. The way we move towards our goals is governed by the values that are core to our company culture. After all, the journey is as important as the destination. We have three core values that all Growth Engineering superheroes are expected to display in their daily behaviour:
Superheroes can do it by themselves, but they’re more powerful as part of a team. Even Ironman needs assistance from the Avengers from time to time.
- Help your fellow Growth Engineering superheroes to flourish.
- Actively foster a supportive work environment and team spirit.
- Be honest and open, no matter the circumstances.
Superheroes are never dull. They’ve got bright suits, flashy gadgets and they’re always off on awesome adventures. Brandish your very own Bland Blaster and banish boring forevermore!
- Be ambitious, fly higher, reach for more.
- Nurture a restlessly creative spirit driven by a love of innovation.
- Demonstrate resilience and resourcefulness.
As superheroes we never act in any way that would make us evil villains. We are vigilant, mindful and act with boundless professionalism and integrity.
- Never stop learning, growing and embrace change.
- Love what you do and be passionate.
- Champion the customer and focus on the learner.
You will be responsible for supporting and delivering the testing of Growth Engineering systems including new code releases and overall system performance. You may be required to prepare various manual and automation testing documents to support with an ongoing and ever improving testing process and build a strong working relationship with the Senior Software Tester and wider development team. You will need to understand the business requirements and functionality of all products.
- Perform manual testing on functionality of the software
- Automation testing using open source tool, Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver.
- Creating, modifying and enhancing both manual test scripts and Automated Scripts created in selenium
- Understand all GE systems and how all areas work
- Thorough testing including sanity, usability, functional, integrations, regression, re-testing, and user acceptance testing
- Analysing, reproducing and reporting the bugs online and keeping track of them
- Stabilising the testing process and updating the repository daily
- Document, implement, monitor and enforce all processes and procedures for testing as per standards defined by the organisation.
- Carry out regression testing when changes are made to the code
- Take ownership of personal development and work with Seniors to find opportunities
GE Golden Thread - Measures of Success
- Golden Numbers:
- As a Junior Software Tester, you are expected to deliver exceptional results and high quality testing to ensure the stability of the current and to be released code. This will lead to improved product performance, reduced active tickets and overall reliability of all code
- KPIs: Manual tests created and implemented, Improved platform performance, Reduced tickets and outstanding issues.
- You need to create weekly 5x5s, to help you deliver against your KPIs and other key business objectives. These are the five things you would like to deliver over the course of the week. Your 5x5s should be sent to your line manager on Monday (AM) and scored by Friday (PM).
Technical Role Requirements
- Understanding of Selenium IDE & Selenium WebDriver
- Good understanding of Java
- Experience with bug tracking tools
- Good written and communication skills.
- A solid understanding of technical systems.
Personal Role Requirements
- Exceptional eye for detail
- A calm, professional and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Good level knowledge of the learning technologies industry.
- Ability to work well with people and communicate effectively.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise.
What’s In It For You?
- Growing business with many opportunities to progress.
- Continued career development discussions.
- Induction (Academy for the Gifted & Superhero Academy)
- In house mentoring and coaching
- Support relevant external skills training
- CIM qualification
The Growth Engineering Community
- Monthly challenges
- Quarterly business events
- Social events
- Shared treats & home-baking
- Your own superhero caricature (after probation)
So, will you join us on our mission to save the world from Dr. Dull? If so, then our team wants you!
- A friendly, warm and open work environment
- A culture of encouragement and self-development
- Room for improvement, room for movement
- Regular team outings
- Monthly fun challenges