This organisation has a proven track record of 40 years within the automation industry. They provide integrated sorting, handling and tracking systems for baggage, letters & parcels; their material handling systems use the cross-belt technology and they work with customers to develop tailored material handling solutions for their customers via never-ending emphasis on innovation. This is your chance to be part of a growing and expanding business unit that is diverse with a fantastic team of people and the opportunity to grow with it.
Location: Castle Donington
Key Skills: Maintenance, Electrical Engineering, PLC, Automation, Warehousing
The successful candidate will conduct service and maintenance work, breakdowns and urgent repairs to support customer sites, the candidate will provide maintenance troubleshooting on 1st and 2nd level plus provide support with proactive and preventive maintenance.
- Conduct service and maintenance work, breakdowns and urgent repairs to support site
- Ensure that Company procedures and standards are followed and maintained
- Maintain good service and support to ensure customer satisfaction
- Follow-up and resolve issues which are highlighted through the support organisation
- Demonstrate a proactive, can do - will do attitude
- Train members of local maintenance specific equipment
- Establish, manage and improve all aspects of breakdown and repair and standby maintenance support
- Ensure that customer receives the agreed level of service and support
- Ensure agreed customer proposals and schedules are fulfilled to agreed company technical standards while working to agreed company health and safety standards
- Root Cause Analysis
- Continual Improvement Activities
- 5S Enforcement
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
The successful candidate will be an experienced Multi-Skilled Engineer who ideally has experience with automated equipment (conveyors, sortation); has come from a client-facing environment and experience of mentoring and coordinating more junior members of a team. Previous experience with PLC and/or Warehouse Management Systems would also be desirable, but not essential as training will be provided.
- HND/HNC in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Completion of an electrical or mechanical apprenticeship or holding an electrical qualification or equivalent experience
- Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role within a similar environment
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
- Computer skills - Word, Email, Excel
- Electrical or Mechanical biased
- Experience in Thermography and Vibration Analysis would be advantageous
Cordius Recruitment team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.