IT Service Desk Technician (1st & 2nd Support)
Excellent opportunity to join a team responsible for providing effective customer IT Support covering all aspects of IT software and hardware.
The ideal applicant will have substantial experience of working in a customer service facing role in an IT department to carry out the following - requires Security Clearance so if you are currently security cleared it would be useful but not essential:-
- Ensure the Service Desk is the first point of contact for all IT hardware, software & telephony support requests
- Responsible for ensuring all incidents and requests are recorded and dealt with according to company procedures & agreed SLAs, through the use of the Service Desk software.
- Provide first level contact and diagnose issues and perform hands-on and remote fixes while assigning the appropriate levels of priority and resource.
- Escalate Incidents and Requests when required to ensure SLA’s are met
- Identify reoccurring incidents to management to be investigated as a potential problem.
- Maintain the asset register ensuring all hardware is correctly recorded
- Assist in building & maintaining the IT knowledge base of issue resolutions and 'How To’ information.
- Deploy & maintain a variety of software applications ensuring compliance with licensing agreements.
- Assist in delivering and supporting projects when required working with other Sections of IT and the business.
- Process IT related purchases and maintenance contracts
- Train and educate new starters of the correct IT hardware and software use.
- Occasional out of hours work for tasks such as Office moves to limit the impact on the business
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum GSCE including English and Maths (A-C)
- Likely to have studied post GCSE in IT specific courses & have professional qualifications such as Microsoft
- Working of Microsoft based operating systems e.g. Windows XP, 7, 8,10, server 2008/2012.
- Understanding of PC hardware and software set-up and configuration.
- Knowledge and experience of IT security technologies, processes and policies.
- 'Hands on’ approach and a willingness to learn.
- Flexible, pro-active approach.
- Structured logical thinker.
- Good at diagnosis, problem solving, and follow through.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to deal with employees at all levels in the company
Any applicants will need to have a British Passport or residency to be considered as they would need to be security cleared.