An exciting opportunity has been created for an experienced accountant to help simplify and streamline Capex and Property Opex reporting activities within the Financial Control team in Slough
This is a contract role for six months paying up to £350 per day for the right applicant
This position within Financial Control will support the Network, IT, Operations and Retail Finance
Teams by improving the production of providing effective reporting & analysis to deliver month end reporting, timely, reliable and decision relevant reporting.
- Driving improvement and reporting efficiencies in ways of working, through better process
- Improvements, assessing opportunities for further utilising our knowledge sharing within O2’s Finance team, and close working with O2’s offshore shared service provider team and providing data in a more effective way.
- Establish and develop great collaborative relationships with Finance colleagues across the Finance function outside of Financial Control to provide understand their required reporting needs, whilst to efficiently delivering high quality reporting optimum results.
- Produce Weekly, and monthly and quarterly financial reporting and supporting analysis support as required
- Support lease accounting and property accounting month end activities where required.
- Support fixed asset accounting and reporting, including ad hoc projects
- Establish and develop great collaborative relationships with Finance colleagues outside of
- Financial Control to provide the required reporting to deliver optimum results.
- Driving improvement and efficiencies in ways of working, through better processes, assessing opportunities for further utilising our shared service provider and providing data in a more effective way.
- Any other ad hoc responsibilities
- Qualified accountant with month end accounting experience
- A keen eye for detail and able to demonstrate a passion for achieving process improvements
- Good presentation and communication skills with the Able to present confidently and ability to communicate in a succinct and insightful manner, effectively engaging audiences using a range of communication tools.
- Self-motivated and able to prioritise whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Desirable: Oracle ERP experience
- Technical accounting understanding