IT Licensing Manager
IT Licensing Manager Software Licensing Microsoft Oracle/SAP/IBM
Job Title: IT Licensing Manager
Job Location: Bedfordshire
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 9 Months plus
Job Rate: £450 - £500 PER DAY
IT Software License Manager required to join a large scale UK wide business based in Bedfordshire.
You will be required to take ownership of the implementation and continued enhancement of a robust and auditable software license management governance cross all IT software licenses with an extensive amount of the license base being focused around Microsoft. Candidates with experience of Oracle/SAP and or IBM licensing will be prioritised in their applications.
You will have extensive experience as a Licensing Manager in previous roles and will therefore be expected to support Group Procurement in negotiations to ensure suitable terms a re agreed. An in-depth understanding of contract law to identify potential risks gaps and opportunities is also one of the key requirements.
In addition to the above, your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited, to the following;
- Responsibility for software license compliance across the organisation and ensuring regular audits to show compliance
- Hold, administer and be responsible for all software license material so as to ensure adequate legal proof of all licenses are maintained at all times.
- Respond to and manage all software supplier audit requests
- Identify and deliver saving opportunities from renewals or business change in collaboration with the asset management team.
- Track the company's users, employees, turnover or other metrics that may influence software license compliance.
- Responsible for all license changes, amendments and version control
- Involvement in all business projects that involve software deployment to ensure that license terms are documented, understood and implemented
- Supplier Management of software suppliers and accountability to ensure software license benefits are fully utilised
- Ownership and responsibility for all new software license purchases
- Ensure budget sign off before any software requisition is made
- Obtain from internal or external stake holders software asset information and audit its compliance to assets owned
- Support Internal owners on software asset management processes
- Lead software license compliance governance meetings with stake holders, suppliers and 3rd party auditors
- Identify & document key license requirements and ensure communication to stake holders
- Establish a close working relationship with the technical operations team to ensure compliance is maintained at all times.
If you are an experienced IT Software Licensing Manager who can credibly display a track record similar to the requirement listed above, and would like to take on a lengthy and challenging role, then I would like to see your CV ASAP.