Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full time
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Business Partner to join the fast-paced and dynamic team to be a pivotal part in shaping how we improve our inventory valuation, gross margin analysis.
The partnering element of the role will be responsible for working closely with the Costing & Inventory Manager revising and refining existing financial processes to support board and business decision making. By working directly with lab based and operational staff, supporting them with appropriate analysis and controls (not just sat in the Finance department).
Your responsibilities include:
- Managing and running the monthly Period Close Process for Inventory and Cost of Sales for the UK entity.
- Building and maintaining complex models for costing, analysis, and forecasting of new and existing products within the UK entity.
- Support with External Audit activities, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place and adhered to.
- Partnering with Supply Chain, to report, control, and forecast Inventory movements.
- Partnering with Manufacturing and Logistics, to provide inventory controls, analysis of costs and support of process improvements.
- Partnering with the Tax Department on the UK R&D claim.
The requirements and skills include:
Managing a work load that is diverse and time pressured, so you will be "right first time" type of person, comfortable keeping plates spinning whilst always delivering on time and to a high standard.
Ideally you will have extensive experience in audit, internal controls and/or cost accounting to be a success at this.
Constantly striving for improvement, you will challenge the status quo and look for innovative and creative ways to solve problems and improve processes.
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA), ideally with experience in an accounting practice.
- Experience in SAP, Oracle or similar ERP System.
- Advanced MS Excel experience is required.
We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
If this sounds like you, join us in our HQ at the brand-new facilities on the Biomedical Campus, South of Cambridge. To be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
No agencies please