Management Accountant sought for a global market-leading logistics business, with a Divisional office based in Birmingham, West Midlands. This is a great opportunity for an experienced autonomous Accountant to join a well-established team, in providing accurate and timely management & financial information for the UK, and performance analysis to the global team.
As Management Accountant, the key responsibilities will include:
- Month End reporting.
- Preparation of financial and statistical journals.
- Accruals, prepayments and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Profit reconciliation, ensuring approved margins are achieved.
- Explanation of variances to last forecast, last month, last year and budget.
- Review reported costs and follow up on cost overruns and the correct treatment.
- Financial analysis to drive profitability.
- Forecasting and Budgeting (mid-month, monthly, bi-annual and annual)
- Drive improvements to the weekly forecasting and month end processes.
- Ensure timely & accurate VAT returns.
- Manage external audit requirements.
- Complete and lodge statutory financial accounts.
- Payroll UK, and oversee Company Pension Scheme and instruction of monthly payments.
The successful Management Accountant will be a Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA), and have 3-5 years+ experience of both management and financial accounting. We seek someone with good MS Excel skills, who can work to deadlines, and with the ability to take the initiative, work autonomously and drive continuous improvement.
In person we need an Accountant that has effective, clear and confident communication skills, and an eye for detail, with strong organisational/ time management skills; someone reliable, trustworthy, and dedicated.
The package the successful Management Accountant will earn is a base salary of up to £50,000 (dependant on experience), plus a defined contributory pension scheme, private health care and other flexible benefits. The offices are based within walking distance of a train station, and are also easily accessible for buses/ trams, and there is also free parking.
To apply for the Management Accountant position in Birmingham, West Midlands, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.