Commercial Account Executive
Job Title: Commercial Account Executive
Salary: £17,000 - £27,000 depending on experience, plus an excellent commissions and benefits package
About Our Client
Leading Insurance Company based with an excellent client base are seeking to attract a Commercial Account Executive to join their team based in Nottingham.
As Account Executive, you will be responsible for incepting profitable business within the commercial department for motor sport, motor trade, and combined products, using Underwriting systems to deliver new and renewal quotations, policy documentation and mid-term adjustments for clients and sub brokers.
Within this role you will deal with the day to day enquiries from motorsport and motor trade commercial clients and those from the relevant Broker and Intermediary market. You will be an integral member of a small team who are responsible for growing the account, winning new business whilst maintaining a very high renewal retention rate whilst providing an exemplary level of customer service.
You will be expected to learn underwriting systems, adapt to working within a close knit unit, familiarise yourself and work within the rules set by the FCA, as well as developing knowledge of the motorsport industry and range of products.
- Microsoft Office Word - Intermediate, Excel - Advanced
- Knowledge and understanding of contract law and legislation applying to commercial insurance.
- Experience of compiling commercial presentations for quotation and underwriting purposes, and follow through to inception.
- Ability to analyse complex information and draw out the relevant facts.
- Desire to gain sound product knowledge and market awareness.
- Proficient in handling multiple projects, to agreed timescales and implementation dates.
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills, able to liaise with outside agencies, customers and clients.
- Strong attention to detail, well organised and have good time management skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Able to be a valued member of a small team and adopt the values of the Markerstudy Group.
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to A level standard, Cert CII, and /or relevant experience.
- GCSE English and Mathematics Grade C or above
- 2+ years Commercial insurance
- Recent knowledge of FCA compliance matters relating to TCF, Data Protection and Insurance Act
Advantageous (but not essential) Experience / Knowledge
- Motor sport / motor trade / commercial combined / property owners commercial insurance