Here at SC Johnson Professional we have an exciting opportunity for a Development Technologist to join our team based in Little Eaton, Derby. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and you will receive a competitive salary.
SC Johnson Professional™ is a leading manufacturer of Industrial and Institutional (I&I) cleaning and skin care products. Our purpose is to invent new products and solutions that create efficiencies, reduce inventories, simplify training, and create a positive cleaning experience for users of our products and the spaces in which our products are used.
The Development Technologist role:
The Development Technologist is reporting to the Product Development and Quality Manager. You will play a key role in supporting the delivery of Existing Product Development - Provide technical support to achieve business value improvement targets and product improvements, Product Quality - support the continuous improvement of product quality and manufacturing quality systems and New Product Development – Support the introduction of new products into the ‘Deb Dispensing Limited’ manufacturing business.
Key responsibilities of our Development Technologist:
- Create validation test plans for EPD activities
- Plan and support moulding, decoration and assembly trials
- Carry out validation testing of dispensing systems using existing protocols
- Where appropriate, devise and develop new testing protocols to explore specific characteristics of product performance
- Data analysis using statistical methods
- Communication of data in various formats including formal written reports
- Investigate new products and processes with the potential to improve product quality, improve manufacturing efficiency or add value
- Carry out technical investigations into product quality concerns and customer complaints
- Carry out product inspection and process audits to support the Quality Management System
- Network with other Deb and external businesses to learn and implement best practice as appropriate
What we’re looking for in our Development Technologist:
- 3 Years industrial experience, working in a technical or quality role
- Understanding and appreciation of quality assurance systems and processes
- Basic understanding of polymer processing techniques
- Experience of product testing techniques and reporting
- Min HND or equivalent in Science or Engineering Subject
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent numerical ability
- Good level of IT capability including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite
- Full UK Driving License
If you feel you have what it takes to become our Development Technologist then please click ‘apply’ now!