Legal Secretary - Probate, Tax and Trusts
Job Title: Legal Secretary
Department: Probate, Tax and Trusts
This is a great opportunity for a skilled Legal Secretary to join the Probate, Tax and Trusts department of a legal firm based in Yeovil.
About the role:
Your role will be to assistant the Legal Advisor(s) by providing secretarial and administrative support.
You responsibilities are to include the following:
- Accurately create and input documents from digital dictation onto the case management system, checking with the Legal Advisor on any unclear details
- Draft straightforward legal documents using the precedents provided, filing documents online where appropriate
- Prioritise and manage workload effectively and ensure deadlines are met
- Manage Legal Advisor diary and ensure clarity around purpose of appointment
- Schedule appointments, arrange meetings, and maintain up-to-date diaries using the appropriate diary function, if requested
- Be pro-active and provide appropriate documentation for the Legal Advisor in advance of the client meeting i.e. retrieve/request documents from store
- When attending to clients who telephone regarding a draft that has been sent out, take details of any minor amendments and action appropriately
- Engross all documents prior to a client appointment by checking the diary daily
- Be aware of expected funds, notifying Accounts in advance and responding to emails from Accounts reference funds; prepare chitties independently for the Legal Advisor to sign
- Upon receipt of payment by a client and without prompting, prepare the closing letter, Client Survey Form and File Closure forms for Legal Advisor to sign off
- Prepare LPAs and forms to register (largely independently) from the information taken by the Legal Advisor
- Ensure procedures are followed to check that all Deeds/LPAs/Wills are safely returned to store and receipts scanned in before a file is closed
- Open and create new files, as instructed by the Legal Advisor, in line with the Firm's protocols
- Assist the Legal Advisor with any aspect of file management, as requested
- Attend to clients confidently, both on the phone and in person, accurately recording any messages and passing on to the appropriate person without delay
- Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to support other team members
- Communicate effectively within and across teams
- Demonstrate punctuality
- Undertake any additional duties which from time to time may be requested
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, and database administration.
- Good basic knowledge of practice areas.
- Strong organisational and administration skills.
- A minimum of 60WPM.
- Good audio skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Client focused.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate at all levels.
- Courteous and professional.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
By applying for the role, you agree that Fresh Recruits may contact you under GDPR Article 6(1)(b) in connection with your application by email and/or telephone and you consent to receiving information by email and/or telephone in relation to Fresh Recruits providing you with work finding services, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our Data Protection, Privacy Notice and Full Equal Opportunities policies can be viewed here: https://privacy-policy/