Our Client is currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer to join our Procurement team in the Heathrow office. Candidates need experience in project purchasing in an engineering & manufacturing environment.
As a Senior Buyer you will have ownership of all pre and post-order purchasing activity for Engineering projects, from preparing procurement plans, quotation summaries, pricing negotiations and purchase orders through to arranging inspection and final delivery of equipment and materials
Monday to Friday0900-1730
Duties & Responsibilities:
· The accomplishment of all duties delegated by the Director of Purchasing, or the Assistant Purchasing Manager
· The procurement of allocated commodities at the required quality at the lowest cost, consistent with material requisitions, departmental and or project requirements to a correct delivery point within the scheduled time limits.
· Resolve delivery / supply problems quickly & efficiently
· Resolve Invoice Queries quickly & efficiently
· Recommend to the Purchasing Management team, Departmental Managers or Project Managers of any necessary visits to Suppliers to apply pressure to maintain or improve performance.
· Ability to provide guidance in complex commercial and contractual relationships with a good understanding of legal contracts.
· Establish relationships and long-term development plans with suppliers based upon common goals and objectives,
· Perform vendor analysis & work with suppliers to improve performance using KPI’s
· Provide strong and robust leadership; working within your own functional area as well as the wider business keeping them informed on delivery/supply issues.
· Comply with code of business conduct and ethics, corporate policies, procedures and work practices
· Any other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Skills / Qualifications:
· Good project purchasing experience
· Proven supply chain management and procurement experience, dealing with both small and large value organisations
· Direct purchasing on a global basis
· Proven supervisory experience within procurement
· Proven ability to prepare negotiation strategies/techniques and lead negotiations
· Education to a high standard - preferably with CIPS accreditation
· High standard of skills within Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and preferably SAP
· Must be capable of lateral thinking and be able to make structured and objective decisions.
· Able to demonstrate a methodical approach towards problem solving.
· A high level of self-motivation to overcome obstacles
· Excellent organisational skills, deadline adherence and exceptional attention to accuracy and detail.
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful*