Infrastructure Support Manager
IT Infrastructure Team Leader - 50k - 65k + benefits
An exciting and highly ambitious managed service provider (MSP) are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer (or Infrastructure Team Leader / Manager ), to join their team. Their client portfolio consists of many extremely interesting businesses including those involved in sporting events and some of the largest technology companies in the world.
You'll be responsible for the day to day management of the escalations team (4 x 3rd line engineers), whilst working as a final escalation point for the service desk and Off-Site Support team, providing high level infrastructure support to both their SME and enterprise level clients when necessary.
As such you'll need a technical background and will need experience with a broad range of infrastructure technologies, including both Cloud (ideally Microsoft Azure ), and Office365. While it would be beneficial to have worked in a management or team leadership capacity, this management experience is not mandatory.
Occasional client visits may be required. A genuinely fantastic opportunity to gain both personal and career development within a fast-growing MSP and a great team.
Duties & Accountabilities:
- You will be responsible for the management of the Infrastructure team members, ensuring their delivery against objectives.
- You'll be the named point of contact for technical enquiries and escalations for our clients
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively.
- You will pro-actively improve the quality and effectiveness of support for our clients maintaining high availability
- You'll be responsible for creating & implementing new IT Infrastructure processes where necessary.
- Provide technical advice and recommendations for tickets assigned to 3rd line engineers, transferring knowledge to colleagues
- Working with Sales & Account Management teams you will help develop enduring client relationships
- Responsibility for ensuring all change management tasks are undertaken in line with defined processes
- As a part of senior management, you'll act as a role model and mentor for team members and other lines of support
- You'll act as technical authority and in the event of a Major Incident, organise relevant resources to ensure resolution
- A strong background in Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016) and Windows Server infrastructure including Active Directory, DFS, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience required in Disaster Recovery Solutions.
- A strong background in Virtualised environments in particular VMware and / or Hyper V.
- A strong background in working with MS Exchange 2007/2010/2013/ Office 365.
- Network Security Solutions/Support experience
- Working knowledge and administration of AD, Group policy, Exchange, scripting and remote tools
- Understanding/knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Cloud Technologies
- A strong background in centralised storage environments
- Ideally experienced in working within an MSP (Managed Service Provider) environment, although please note that this is not a must-have.