MI Project Manager
MI Project Manager - Insurance - Liverpool Street
My client is an international general insurance and reinsurance group specialising in commercial insurance.
Based in London, within the department of Information Technology and reporting into the Head of Strategy, Architecture, Data & Engineering
Purpose of the Job:
My client is undergoing a major programme of technology transformation, modernising its entire IT estate by migrating to Azure and moving into a Product/DevOps model.
The Management Information Project Manager is responsible for working with the Product Owner to translate requirements into appropriate plans with time and costs whilst maintaining Agile principles. These will then be used to communicate with external stakeholders to communicate progress and to adapt these plans.
- Responsible for managing the delivery of all work; Business Projects, Internal Projects, Change and Unplanned Work applying an appropriate adaptation of 'Agile' practices.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of activities within the Product Team through the team's delivery, driving the pace of the team output whilst focusing on quality and cost reduction.
- Act as first point of contact for companies MI environment.
- Implement, run and improve an appropriate adaptation of Agile Practice (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) within the MI team for Projects and Unplanned Work.
- Translate requirements from the business into plans working within the Product Team using Burn up Charts, Story Mapping, Release Plans and Team Velocity to develop these.
- Run effective sprint planning & retrospective sessions.
- Manage the Product Team and stimulate multi-functional and cross-functional working, a highly collaborative environment and full visibility of all the work
- Measure, analyse and improve the performance of the team and look at metrics like Sprint Velocity, Technical Debt, Unplanned work, Team Happiness, etc. Continuous improvement is key.
- Apply Value Stream Mapping and other Lean Techniques to improve the flow of work through reducing waste.
- Conduct Lean analysis such as Value Stream Mapping to optimise constraints and remove impediments.
- Work in a DevOps team which will involve being available on call and supporting out of office hours.
- Line management of both permanent and contract resources
As a term of your employment you may be required to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post and department mentioned above.
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience of having delivered multiple reporting and data-based initiatives
- Experience of line management of multiple resources.
- Strong leadership and be able to get the best performance out of the team
- The natural ability to create a collaborative, team focussed and fun environment
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to tell stories, draw pictures and document the performance of your team effectively
- Passion for doing things differently by challenging the norm and inspiring others to do the same through facilitating a culture of trust openness and honesty.
- Be able to see the end-to-end system, understand constraints and bottlenecks and be able to work out how process can be simplified, interactions can be automated and through mastery, how the system can become highly efficient in both delivery and support.
- Experience of being involved in multiple continuous delivery initiatives.
- Familiar with breaking work up into Themes, Epics, Stories and Tasks and using Story Mapping techniques to create Burn Up charts, Value Based Milestones, Burn Down Charts and Cumulative Flow Diagrams.
- Experience of utilizing Velocity and Work in Progress Limits as tools to manage and improve the flow of work.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information at:
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.