Accounts and Operations Manager
Our Client is a well-established Law Firm based in Harrow on the Hill, now looking for an Accounts and Operations Manager to join their elite team. The main goal is ensuring that the Accounts department runs to a professional standard together with ensuring that the Solicitors Accounts Rules are adhered to in all transactions.
This role involves but not limited to:
* Dealing with bank reconciliations, expenses, nominal postings and standard business account duties
* Dealing with general accounts queries (internal and external)
* Liaising with and carrying out tasks with auditors
* Preparing ad hoc reports required by the directors
* Checking all accounts forms (PRF, MRF, etc.) for compliance
* Producing and distributing regular Debtors' lists and statements
* Liaising with fee earners regarding Debtors
* Preparing and maintaining template letters for debt recovery
* Initiating court proceedings and other action to recover debts
* Ensuring compliance with Excel (Law Society Quality Scheme) and CQS (Conveyancing Quality Scheme) procedures
* Ensuring files are ready for closing and overseeing file closure procedure
* Overseeing archiving of files and maintaining up to date file archiving records
* Preparing and maintaining accounts for property and associated companies.
* Devising and leading projects to increase operational and system efficiencies
* Dealing with ad hoc property and other projects
* Dealing with other management issues (e.g. human resources, facilities, key clients & contacts etc.)
* Generally assisting Accounts and Operations Director in his work
* Checking and updating databases.
* Ordering office supplies and keeping office equipment in a satisfactory condition
* Collecting incoming DX from DX box. Checking the letter box for incoming items in the morning
* Checking post for the Director and team.
Good understanding of the Accounting and Banking System
Can use Microsoft office such as Word, Excel and Outlook
Full knowledge, experience and understanding of Solicitors Accounts Rules
Salary £23K - 28K Depending on experience