Business Planning Modeller and Analysis
Our client is the largest maritime and shipping company based in the UK who contributes over £5 Billion per year to our economy. They are currently and continue to transform the business to meet worldwide demand in a challenging industry whilst embracing the future health of the planets' oceans.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic team in the HQ London with a culture that welcomes diversity, fosters talent, encourages internal movement and progression, and places safety as their number one priority.
To develop and maintain the company financial model to support communicating the financial and operational strategies to the Board and external stakeholders. This involves feeding into the production of a comprehensive and high quality business plan (budget and five year plan), and to provide insightful and valuable financial analysis of the companies activities.
Support and assist with the business planning activities across the group, with a key focus on the financial model assumptions and scenario analysis
Provide financial model analysis to various internal and external stakeholders to add value and support decision making in the business
Play an important role in driving process improvement across the business planning function.
- Support and assist with the business planning activities across the group, with a key focus on the financial model assumptions and scenario analysis.
- Provide financial model analysis to various internal and external stakeholders to add value and support decision making in the business.
- Play an important role in driving process improvement across the business planning function.
- Develop, maintain and update the group financial model including both operational and financial functionality
- Manage detailed sensitivity analysis and assumptions to explore the impact of changes to financial policies, new initiatives and changes in the external environment
- Ensure the arithmetic accuracy, logical integrity, security and control of the group financial model
- Provide analysis and outputs from the group model for presentation to management, shareholders, advisors, rating agencies, and lenders and work closely with these stakeholders to ensure an understanding of the model as required
- Contribute to the timely production, review and presentation of the group’s annual business plan, with a focus on outputs from the financial model including distributions, covenant ratios, financing, cash flows and balance sheet
- Qualified Accountant
- Previous experience and evidence of developing and maintaining complex financial models within a large organisation
- Excellent MS Excel skills, including development skills
- Highly numerate with proven working experience of applying analytical and logical reasoning to evaluate and interpret financial information
- Diagnosis of underlying causes of problems and proposes a range of possible options and makes clear recommendations
- High standards of accuracy and precision, with a strong attention to detail
- Highly driven and a strong willingness to learn new skills
Liaising with Senior Stakeholders to include:
- Group Business Planning Manager
- CFO & Group Financial Controller
- Business Planning Analyst
- Group Treasurer
- Group Tax Manager
- Head of Mergers & Acquisitions