Electrical Assemblers - North Allerton - ASAP Starts
One of our fantastic clients are looking to add Electrical Assembler to their great close knit team!
The main purpose of the role is to assemble and test electrical control boxes and wiring harnesses in industrial wash equipment in a safe manner in accordance with defined build procedures, engineering specifications and standards to meet customer requirements and quality, efficiency and delivery targets.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Efficient and effective assembly and test of electrical control boxes and wiring harnesses for industrial wash equipment to defined build procedures, engineering specifications and standards.
- Working to clearly defined goals with respect to safety, quality, efficiency and delivery.
- Being flexible between processes where appropriate training has been given.
- Identifying improvement / cost reduction opportunities and supporting lean and continuous improvement activities.
- Provide timely feedback to supervisor / manager on any technical or quality issues that arise.
- Ensure all work & time is recorded appropriately through the required system
- Support in the training of new personnel as required
- Adhere to general housekeeping rules and maintain a clean and tidy working environment at all times
- Ensure that all Environmental Health and Safety / Company Policies are adhered to at all times
- Attend departmental meetings as required
- Support other departments in order to meet Company objectives.
Core Skills \ Competencies
- Assembly and test of electrical control boxes and wiring harnesses.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing tools techniques (5S \ TPM \ Std Work \ Line Balancing)
- Root cause analysis and problem-solving ability.
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Flexible approach to working hours
- £9.08 per hr Mon => Fri: 7.00am to 4.30pm
- 45 hrs per week - Overtime rate paid at time and half (including weekends and bank holidays)
- 20 days per year (+1 day for every 3 years' service up to 25 days)