Finance Manager reporting into FD
Macildowie are delighted to be partnering a business in Bedford to recruit a Finance Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for a strong and analytical Finance Manager to join the finance team in Bedford, UK. As Finance Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the finance function are monitored and developed to meet the growth and profitability goals of the business in a changing environment.
Responsibilities include leading the preparation of rolling forecasts and budgets, travelling internationally and domestically to liaise with the wider business (10% travel). You will be require to report financial information for management, and advice to the business on financial matters to improve commercial and operational decisions and processes. In addition, the role includes assisting the Finance Director and other by providing financial input to strategic and project related decisions
- Manage a team of finance professionals, focusing on the development of the teamâ€™s overall commercial and operational acumen and analytical skills
- Drive improvements in finance team processes, management reporting, and pricing for greater effectiveness
- Manage all financial aspects of a portfolio of contracts
- Proactively provide relevant business support to the Finance Director and business management to optimize profitability and working capital
- Lead the preparation of client profitability analyses
- Lead the preparation of forecasts and budgets to include the improvement of the financial models
- Lead the preparation of monthly budget & forecast variance analysis
- Track and report on cost improvement initiatives
- Lead the preparation and tracking of capital investment requests
- Lead the preparation of management reports
- Lead and/or contribute to ad hoc projects as they arise, including continuous improvement in financial processes.
Education & Experience
Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with at least 7-10 years PQE
Excellent analytical skills and ability to effectively communicate recommendations using Excel, Powerpoint, and MS Word
SQL database exposure
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.