Data Analyst - NHS (Temp)
Our client is one of the largest, most influential bodies within the NHS. With a workforce of 2000 spread across London, at various sites, they are essentially the commissioning arm who regulate the financial and operational framework, supporting new projects and initiatives whilst also improving the internal controls within the NHS on an ongoing basis. As a result of continued growth and such projects, a new interim role has cropped up, for an NHS-experienced Data Analyst, based in the Central London offices.
- Required to maintain constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in relevant internal and external working groups/projects, services, and initiatives which may be highly complex, sensitive, political, and contain contentious information with the aim of providing information and analytical advice to the teams.
- Work with members of the team to develop and implement project data collection systems that will provide accurate and timely data.
- Communicate information, risks, issues and dependencies, including briefings and reports to Project teams, sponsors and a range of internal and external staff.
- Undertake complex and detailed information analysis of specific projects/reports requiring high levels of concentration.
- Update, maintain, organise, gather and analyse information to predict/meet future organisational and team needs by identifying best professional practice.
- Monitor and tracking risks and issues tracking mechanism and its proactive resolution and escalation processes.
- Contribute to the information management of performance, taking a lead for specific projects.
- Provide coordination of and participate in relevant meetings, reporting attendance and providing information advice and support where requested.
- Ensure that data collected is analysed and reported by the team as appropriate and monitor the processing of data and information.
- Experience and understanding of evaluating and measuring the performance of health services
- Must have advanced Excel and considerable experience of SQL
- Experience in communications and stakeholder management
- Previous experience in similar role in public sector
- A good understanding of the health and social care environment and roles and responsibilities within it
- Extensive experience in using Microsoft Office for data presentation and manipulation
Clear communicator with excellent writing, report writing and presentation skills; capable of constructing and delivering clear ideas and concepts concisely and accurately for diverse audiences
Evidence of success in efficient and effective project and programme management
Skills for communication on complex matters and difficult situations, requiring persuasion and influence
- Skills for nurturing key relationships and maintaining networks
Ability to analyse and interpret information, pre-empt and evaluate issues, and recommend and appropriate course of action to address the issues
Problem solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands
Attention to detail combined with the ability to extract key messages from complex analysis