1:1 Tutor - West Yorkshire
Are you a Fully Qualified Teacher seeking a new challenge? Become a Tutor with Teaching Personnel and apply your skills where they are most needed.
Teaching Personnel are looking to appoint experienced tutors to work with Looked After Children (LAC) in West Yorkshire. We currently work with settings in Leeds, Bradford, Calderdale and Kirklees, specifically supporting young people in care.
We are seeking individuals with experience teaching, or supporting young people within education, health or care settings. You will ideally have experience working with vulnerable young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Needs and a sound understanding of meeting the needs of pupils with Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP).
As a LAC Tutor, it will be your responsibility to plan and deliver sessions on a 1:1 basis with young people. We are ideally seeking Fully Qualified Teachers who are able to deliver sessions across the curriculum, or those with a specialism in Maths and/or English.
We work to the specific needs of individual pupils and tuition may take place in school, home, residential setting or within the community (e.g. local library). We require tutors who are able to provide specific intervention, predominantly within Maths and English, but welcome applications from teachers with other subject specialisms.
Assignments will vary in length according to each individual child's circumstances; they may have recently relocated from another area into temporary foster care, have been excluded from mainstream education, or be awaiting confirmation of a school place. Some pupils may also be unable to access full time education for medical reasons.
Successful Candidates must have:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS or QTLS), ideally in Maths and/or English. (Other subject specialisms will be considered)
- Previous experience working with vulnerable young people or Looked After Children
- Flexible availability to conduct either morning, afternoon, or evening sessions (minimum 2 hours at least 3 times a week)
- A sound understanding of the challenges faced by young people in care
- The ability to liaise with parents/carers, Social Workers, Residential Support Workers, Virtual Head Teachers and/or other key workers including attending review meetings for pupils
Why work with Teaching Personnel as a LAC Tutor?
- We offer competitive rates of pay of up to £35 per hour
- We give you exclusive access to teaching resources through our online portal
- Teaching Personnel's CPD Academy will give you exclusive access to training such as Team Teach, Moving and Handling, Understanding Autism (NAS), and courses in partnership with Leeds Trinity University
- Teaching Personnel have over 20 years experience in Education Recruitment and highly trained, specialist consultants, working in over 70 branches across 30 locations; ensuring that you are offered the flexibility of work that suits your commitments
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.