We have an opportunity for a Finance Manager working within our Finance Operations Department based in Fenwick Newcastle.
Brilliantly British in style and spirit, Fenwick is the department store of note for shoppers of exceptional taste since 1882.
As Finance Manager, you will lead a team of Assistant Accountants and Customer Accounts Assistants responsible for monthly transactional entry and reconciliation of Bank, Cash, Assets and Sales Ledger accounts. You will continuously look to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work collaboratively with the business to provide high quality and seamless customer service, whilst being responsible for financial control of cash and sales for 9 stores and developing online business.
We are looking for a candidate who has;
• Recently qualified as an ACA, or is 2 years+ post qualified ACCA/CIMA with experience working as a finance manager (or equivalent), managing a team of 5+
• Strong technical accounting capability
• Ability to think outside the box and work in a team to develop innovative solutions
• Ability to recognise process weakness and develop rapid solutions
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships across teams and stakeholders with openness, tact, professionalism and courtesy
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and maintain confidentiality in all interactions
• Capability to motivate the team to perform to the highest possible standards
The closing date for applications for this role is 1st May 2019.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- 25% Colleague Discount (some restrictions apply)
- Pension scheme
- 4 weeks holiday plus 1 additional day to take in the month of your birthday
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Business Dress Loan Scheme (if applicable)
- Fenwick Select -a voluntary benefit scheme which offers an extensive range of national and local discounts on a variety of products and services
- Cycle to Work scheme.