Commercial Finance Analyst
Business Analyst - Derby
Our highly successful client in Derby is recruiting for a Business Analyst to come in and take responsibility for forecasting activities. You will have a good understanding of statistics and strong evidence of numerical ability (A level maths / degree level numerical subject). With lots of exposure to the business activities, this role is broad and exciting, and you will have a big impact on the efficiency of the business. You will also have strong Excel and systems skills as part of the role involves managing and updating various spreadsheets, as well as automating data into the new system.
Key areas of the role:
- Creating, maintaining and updating Excel spreadsheets
- Assist in calculating costings
- Create daily forecasts, per product and per channel using SAS data analysis software.
- Continually review the basis of the forecast to improve its percentage accuracy compared to actual sales.
- Ensure that all factors that need to be considered are included in the demand forecast model.
- Liaise with operations to ensure that short term changes in demand are included in the forecast.
- Working with the Sales and Marketing Director to accurately predict through the data future demand.
This is a great role which will suit someone keen to make a difference in an exciting environment which offers excellent career progression. With various projects currently underway in the business, this role will develop in time.