FIXED TERM CONTRACT UNTIL 31ST MARCH 2020, with possible extension
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client, and they are looking to appoint an Innovation Support Officer, on a FTC until 31st March 2020 (with the possibility of an extension), to work within the Innovations Team supporting them across their activities. The ideal Innovation Support Officer will be recently graduated with a STEM degree, with a good understanding technology and able to work flexibly as a team member.
As a graduate you will be working as the Innovation Support Officer, and your core day to day activities will include:
- Supporting activities across the department
- Translating capability gaps into specific technology challenges that can be understood by stakeholders
- Assisting in articulating new challenges and assessing proposals
- Representing the organization at a range of industry and UK government technologyforums.
- Effective communications with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including delivering presentations and capabilitybriefings
- Management of the organisations Technology Portfolio
As a graduate you will be working as the Innovation Support Officer, and your skills and experience will ideally include:
- Have graduated with a STEM degree
- A strong science or engineering background
- An interest in working in the Defence Industry
- Excellent research and analysis skills
- The capacity to prepare reports (data and written commentary), and support the team on presentations
- An understanding of a wide range of emerging and enablingtechnologies
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms to non-technicalstakeholders
- A good knowledge of the UK science and technology community and the roles of key organisations within that community
- Experience of producing html and website scripting
This position is a FTC and due to start in May/June 2019
You must be a British citizen for this position. No duel citizens can be considered.
Thank you for your application however due to the high volume of candidates applying, if you have not heard back from us within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.