Are you a Compliance Manager with a Wealth Management background? If so we are currently working with a prestigious Wealth Management Company based in the South West who offer
quality, face-to-face wealth management advice.
The Compliance function is committed to providing independent assurance and add value to the organisation by objectively reviewing and reporting on the adequacy and effectiveness of compliance controls (primarily relating to FCA Conduct Risk and PRA regulations) operated by first line management to deliver fair customer outcomes. The main purpose of the role is to contribute to the compliance culture within the business, through the delivery of second line of defence compliance monitoring, as it relates to the business strategy and day-to-day operations of the business.
* Support the Head of Risk and Compliance in developing a Compliance Monitoring Plan setting out an appropriate programme of risk based compliance assurance activities.
* Deliver all required aspects of the Compliance Monitoring Plan on time and to a high standard. Monitoring activities to include all regulatory regulations applicable to the business as set in the Compliance Universe, in particular suitability of advice, corporate policy, third party administrators and training and competence.
* Monitor, review and follow-up the implementation of compliance recommendations agreed with management.
* Assist in the provision of compliance training to the first line of defence. Assist in the preparation of content for periodic Compliance reports to Senior Management.
* Carry out thematic monitoring and investigations as required.
* Support Compliance staff with project work, staff training, procedural and administration tasks as necessary.
* Assist with developing, maintaining and implementing an effective risk management framework across the business, in line with regulatory requirements, including an ongoing programme of risk assessment activity.
* Experience of first or second line compliance monitoring activity, preferably in a wealth management and financial advice environment.
* Demonstrable experience in monitoring and reviewing wealth management and wealth planning services to retail clients.
* Detailed regulatory knowledge, in particular PRIN, SYSC and COBS.
* Good product knowledge, including pensions, collective investment schemes and other investment products.
* Ability to analyse and communicate regulatory change with first line management.
* Ability to influence management in the organisation, with particular enthusiasm for wealth management propositions.
* Energy and tenacity to promote the role of second line assurance activity across the Group
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills both orally and in writing.
Technical Knowledge & Qualifications:
* A relevant professional qualification in financial advice and / or compliance industry qualification (CISI/CII or similar), ideally to Level 6 or equivalent.
* Preferably a minimum of three years' experience in a compliance monitoring environment within financial services, with strong understanding of the three lines of defence model.
* A demonstrable understanding of the relevant risk, compliance and regulatory considerations in the UK Wealth Management market, including current areas of regulatory focus.
To discuss your skills and experience please send your CV and contact Esther at Satarah Recruitment Ltd.