Our client, Nationwide, is the world's largest building society as well as one of the UK's largest savings providers and a top-three provider of mortgages in the UK. On behalf of Nationwide Building Society, AMS are looking for an experienced UX Researcher for a 3 month contract based in Swindon.
Nationwide aren't like a bank. They're not like other financial services companies. They're a building society. And they're building their 'society' with a sense of community and with a collective belief in the idea that we're all here to help each other. That's what Nationwide are all about and that's what makes them different.
What you'll be doing
You'll be a highly experienced UX Researcher joining a multi-disciplinary team of 13 people comprised of high-level stakeholders and managers. You'll work in a highly commercial, fast-paced digital environment using agile methodologies.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- Quality: you will be responsible for the quality of your output so you will ensure that work is delivered to the highest levels of quality and excellence whilst adhering to the most effective working practices
- Effectiveness: you will ensure that deliverables meet both the project's objectives and the needs of end users
- Work closely with the project manager (or scrum master), product owner and the design team to ensure smooth, high quality and efficient delivery of projects from inception through to delivery
- Foster strong working relationships with key teams within the Society such as Product, Member Proposition, Insight and Analytics
- Ensure that research is at the heart of the project you are working on, that it is informative, impactful and guides design and usability in the right direction
- Manage third party suppliers and agencies
- Ensure that the research materials and the insights generated are made available to the rest of the Society (via our internal sharing systems)
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a highly experienced UX Researcher with experience functioning in a lead/senior capacity.
To be successful in this role you'll need to display the below experience and qualities;
- Demonstrable expertise in qualitative and quantitative digital research. You may be a recognised authority, or will probably have spoken or written about it within the community (local or national)
- Extensive experience of a wide range of industry standard methodologies and tools
- Experience in leading or managing project teams (single- and/or multi-disciplinary)
- Proven experience of successful management and delivery of medium to large-scale projects
- Excellent career record in the consumer, retail or banking spaces, with a proven track record of evaluating, scoping and shaping successful online services, content and experiences
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a marketing, creative, technical, or other related field
- A track record of translating key business objectives into digital solutions that communicate effectively and engagingly with the customer
- A strong team player with excellent communication skills and an ability to manage senior stakeholders
- Strong commercial awareness with good strategic and analytical skills
- Skilled at working in a cross-functional, multi-discipline environment, you will have strong influencing and communications skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with ability to manage and own multiple competing priorities
- Experienced at working in a variety of production environments including Waterfall, Agile or Lean
Why work for Nationwide?
Nationwide is the world's largest building society. But, however large they grow, they will never lose sight of what makes them different: their commitment to their members and to building their society in the right way. Nationwide's goal is to be more than a business. They want to be known as an organisation that is always open, honest and trustworthy, where people are helped, supported and loyal.
The role of UX Researcher is integral to Nationwide's business, therefore we are looking for candidates who are immediately available and are able to start in assignment quickly.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.
Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.