Assembly Technician - with mechanical assembly experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an expanding manufacturing company who are offering excellent benefits and a friendly clean working environment with potential long-term career prospects. Due to continued growth are now looking for keen motivated individuals to join as Mechanical Assemblers.
As a Mechanical Assembler you will be required to work within a team to assemble large mechanical/electrically powered equipment with some small components.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assemble products to designated work instructions
- Competent build inspection of all stages
- Record build information
- Ensure that all operations are completed to the required quality standard & timescale
- Ensure the work area is clean, tidy and orderly at all times
- Compliance with health and safety standards, flexibility and development of skills through the complete manufacturing process and the production/product cells.
- Maintain a safe working environment for yourself and other team members, participating in safety activities as requested.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience in mechanical assembly within a production environment or worked fitting vehicles or fitting parts such a hydraulics to vehicles - although not essential as full training will be given
- An ability to work with minimum direction using own initiative, with the ability to work under pressure
- Good Interpersonal skills and are a strong team player
- Good time keeping and willing to work the extra mile when required
- A willingness to learn
This is 12 weeks Temporary to permanent placement
Working hours Monday - Thursday 7-4 Friday 7-12
Basic hourly rate of £8.50 ph. to start placement
(If you are successful to move onto a permanent placement your hourly rate will increase, along with a potential bonus and other benefits)