A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve "Gold Standard" Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.The role
The Technical Services Team are looking for a Systems Administrator to assist with IS and manage infrastructure projects. To assist in the day to day support for the Networks Team, to include incident and problem areas.Main responsibilities
- To provide IS project support for server and storage solutions.
- To provide 3rd line systems support.
- To be the lead technologist for specified systems, assuming responsibility for the control and development of these systems.
- Ensure that technical and system documentation is up to date.
- Assist in the development of ITIL within the Networks team.
- Have a good understanding of the systems available within Shoosmiths.
- To work within the guidelines and procedures provided by the IS Department.
Technical skills and competencies
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Technical Stack, in particular but not limited to; Exchange, Sharepoint, Hyper-V, SQL Server, Lync, SCCM.
- Experience with Active Directory.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard Infrastructure technologies, in particular but not limited to: SAN, NAS, Backup, Virtualisation, Thin Client computing, High Availability techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An ability to explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience in scripting administrative tasks.
- Motivated individual keen to expand on technical skills with a can do attitude.
- An inquisitive and analytical mind who is service driven.
- A methodical and accurate worker, able to manage life cycle of tasks through to resolution.
- Evidence of competent writing skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to identify areas requiring improvement.
- Good organisational skills to ensure that tasks are effectively scheduled within working time available.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of users both internally and externally
Role-specific knowledge and expertise
- Experience of working in an IS support environment.
- Good working knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Able to use own initiative to resolve problems while working under pressure.
- A self starter who is determined to succeed but can also work well in a team environment.
- Able to produce work to regular deadlines.
- Able to understand business drivers and priorities.
Experience, qualifications, and other role-specific requirements
- Qualified to HNC level or above or 2 years’ experience in an IS role delivering solutions.
- Experience in a Law Firm, Professional Services Firm or other service sector industry.
- Microsoft Accreditation.
- Qualified at ITIL foundation level or above.
The post holder will be required to work as part of an on-call shift rota.
It is essential that the successful post holder can work flexible or extended hours to complete some tasks outside of core business hours of 08:00 to 18:00.
Travel to other Shoosmiths offices will be necessary.Equal opportunities
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.