Junior DevOps Engineer - Python
Looking for DevOps jobs in London, and want to use your Python skills at a leading investment management company?
In this DevOps Engineer job, you will be joining one of the world's leading investment management partnerships. Founded in 1998, they are experts in delivering superior, long-term investment returns, managing assets for a diverse portfolio of clients. As a result of their work, they have been the recipient of multiple industry awards over the years, highlighting their outstanding performance and operational infrastructure.
In this DevOps Engineer job, you will be working as part of a tight-knit team, tasked with building lightweight extensions within a feature right web-platform. You will be part of a technology program that is designed to transition clients towards their future-state roadmap. This is not a traditional developer role; and will involve a wide range of interaction with the entire business, as well as determining the viability and scalability of applications while encouraging the DevOps ethos.
In this DevOps Engineer job, your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing scalable architectures
- Hands-on design, build, deployment and support of code infrastructure, focusing on Python and SQL
- Supporting daily build and deploy activities
- Managing continuous integration & implementing continuous deploy processes
- Troubleshooting builds and deploy failures, and facilitating resolution
So, what are we looking for?
- A minimum of a 2.1 in Computer Science or a related STEM degree, from a good university
- Between 1-5 years' experience in a relevant field
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to understand requirements
- A good grounding of scripting languages - Python is essential
- A strong background in databases, with specific emphasis places on SQL
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What else is on offer?
- A fantastic salary range of between £25,000 - £45,000, depending on experience
- Unparalleled progression opportunities - your training schedule will be hands-on and outlined from day one
- Competitive pension scheme
- A very active work social environment, with multiple events planned every month
- The chance to join a world-renowned hedge fund at a pivotal stage of their IT development
Looking for developer jobs in London, and want to work for a leading investment management firm? If you have exceptional Python skills and are looking to take the next step in your career, apply for this DevOps Engineer job in London today.