Financial Systems and Processes Manager
A Milton Keynes based organisation with a global budget of over £400m, with amazing benefits has identified a new post within the organisation as a Finance Manager for Financial Systems and Processes on a permanent basis.
Benefits: 36 days + Bank holidays, very generous pension comparable with local government and also free parking on site.
This interesting and challenging role will be based at the Milton Keynes site and will report to the Head of Income and Cash Management. The role will be focused on providing financial and systems controls to support the specific three payment methods used to receive income from external funding sources.
The organisation currently uses a platform to manage one of the income/funding methods but plans to merge the other methods onto the same platform in 2019. All methods are calculated and accounted for in different and complex ways, so it is critical that the transition is managed in an efficient and robust way to avoid significant problems in reporting and cash/income/funding management. Once merged it will be important to continue adapting to government legislation and ensuring that the platform is working in line with required standards and regulations.
The candidate will be required to:
- Understand the specificities of the new platform and funding methods
- Manage the user controls
- Oversee the operations and maintenance of the system; schedule interface with other internal systems, control security to systems; liaise with the IT function and provide training to users
- Perform ongoing testing and upgrades to the new system; write test scripts and control any amendments
- Write statement of requirements for the new system
- Manage the cash and income team on a daily basis, which consist of 5 finance and operations staff
- Lead the finance team over the period of migration
- Lead the teams work on the migration to the common platform, solutions design, test scripts writing and expected results
- Provide impute into the development of new processes associated with the income journey into the new system/platform
- Act as Finance Subject Matter expert on all project associated with the governance process relating to the specific funding streams feeding into the new system
- Provide advice and guidance on reconciling the income
- Support the Income management during YE process
- Provide regular finance updates on debtors, creditors, project updates, refunds and withdrawals and financial forecasts.
- Provide leadership and financial support to strategically important areas
A suitable candidate will be CCAB qualified, have extensive management experience, extensive financial systems background (including writing test scripts and expected results); strong background in information analysis and financial management. He/she would have ideally worked within a financial services environment or a highly regulated environment and would have previous experience of reading and writing SQL. They will have extensive system development and implementation experience as well as experience of managing teams.
Please get in touch with Peter Newman on or call if you are curious to find out more.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.