Ladieswear Jersey Designer
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fashion supplier and become part of an amazing team enviroment. They are one of the top Jersey suppliers to the high street offering trend driven styles with an unique twist. They have a new vacancy, this role is for Ladieswear shape designer, if you have graphic design experience, it would be a benefit but not a necessity.
The ideal candidate must have at least 3-4 years experience designing for young fashion brands either fro a retail or supplier background.
As a designer you must be confident and able to work within a fast paced environment.
The successful candidate will be a highly commercial Designer with diverse yet trend focused handwriting. You will be highly organised, a good communicator and able to develop and maintain good relationships with your team and customers. Previous experience with on trend, high street brands is a must!
- Have a at least 3-5 years experience working as a Designer with supplier or high street brand.
- Design trend lead fashion across multi product in particular with jersey.
- Strong market research and fashion trend analysis. Translate catwalk and street styles inspiration into commercial and innovative designs.
- Create mood boards through trend research, competitive shops and catwalk inspiration
- React quickly to new reactions with new designs to trade trend
- Attend regular meetings with customers to present ideas and develop ranges and ensuring strong ongoing business relationships. Strong communication and influencing skills across all levels
- Source key fabrics /trims
- Ability to create your own graphics and prints (not a must)
- Show your understanding of peak trading times and be able to input into the trading calendar
- Know how to produce a commercial range, taking into account the customer types, price constraints and supplier base
- Have an excellent understanding of the manufacturing process and how to achieve commercial retail price points
- Providing technical information to the factories
- The position will involve some travel to the manufacturing base and for comparative and inspirational shopping.
- Have a good working knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as all Microsoft Office packages including