Technical Compliance Engineer
This is a new position, reporting to the Compliance Manager.
Essential skills include:
- a methodical approach
- computer literate
- ability to manage competing demands
- ability to think strategically
- ability to work to deadlines
- excellent verbal & written communication
The above skills must be met & the candidate must be able to demonstrate this.
The skills / experience / education below is slightly more flexible, but they certainly require someone who is a methodical & strategic thinking who is able to get work done on their own self-initiative, whilst keeping deadlines in mind. As there is a requirement for attention to detail, strong documentation skills, as well as communication skills is extremely important.
Someone with experience in a similar role would be ideal. The person should be able to cope with general light physical activity as it will be necessary for the person to inspect fittings (as an example). The person should be able to move freely around a factory environment. They do not need to be physically strong to do the job well; however, general good health is important and an understanding / comfort level with switching between 'office work’ and being on the production floor.
With respect to qualifications, someone with further / higher education in either Production, Electrical or Mechanical engineering. Experience in quality control or laboratory product testing role would be desirable. Someone with circa 2-3 years’ experience would be suitable for this role.
Summary of job function:
- Assisting Compliance Manager in ensuring compliance of all products to relevant quality standards, generally comprising of:
- Compliance with National / EU / International standards.
- CE compliance with EU directives: LVD, EMC, CPD, EuP, RoHS, RED
- Work with in-house and external laboratories in arranging product testing and assessing test results / reports for:
- IP, IK, LVD Safety (EN60598), EMC, Photobiological, Vibration, Heat (25/40/50C)
- Compliance with customer specific standards: S12, NR, DB, FGH, MoJ
- Maintenance of records and certification
- ENEC licenses
- VDE Approved place of manufacture
- UMS codes
- ECA (Enhanced Capital Allowances) / SEAI triple E (Low Energy Lighting capital tax allowance schemes).
- Certifications and Declarations of Conformity.
- Assist in compilation and maintenance of Technical Construction Files and product compliance data.
- Other tasks may include helping with designing geartrays or making installation instruction sheets, so experience using CAD would be ideal.
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
Demon Recruitment confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Whilst we would like to personally respond to every application this often isn't possible due to the volume of applicants. Should you have not been contacted within 7 days you have not been short listed on this occasion. However, your CV may be held on file for future reference