Our client is a well-established manufacturing business who are looking for a Company Accountant to join their finance department.
The Role of the Company Accountant
You will be responsible for all aspects of the financial management, legal entity and reporting requirements and your responsibilities include:
- Preparing monthly management accounts and report variances against budget.
- Reviewing and updating Sage
- Provide monthly standard cost variance reporting.
- Managing all cash collection and supplier purchase payments to meet KPIs periodically set and reviewed by the Board of Directors.
- Reporting on stock and asset utilization.
- Preparing annual budgets.
- Preparing annual reports for Companies House and liaising with external accountants for statutory reporting and tax computations.
- Ensuring that the company has adequate funding to meet its working capital and capital investment requirements. To liaise and report to the company’s bankers as required.
- Managing the financial and admin departmental resources to meet the reporting and financial control standards as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Ensuring that the company is fully insured and meets all legislative reporting requirements.
- Managing all day to day company IT and telecoms policy.
- Reporting and accounting for all tax computations whether VAT, PAYE/NI and Corporation tax.
- Other adhoc duties as agreed from time to time by the Board of Directors.
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with previous financial control and management reporting experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication in English, both verbal and written.
- The ability to plan and prioritize workloads in order to meet deadlines.