Build & Release Engineer
Xact Placements are working with a Scientific Research Centre who are looking for a Build & Release Engineer to join them to help deliver and support software which is used throughout the organisation to collect data from scientific experiments.
The ideal candidate will have commercial experience in software build and release processes and tools who ideally has an interest in scientific research. (You don’t need a scientific background although this would be advantageous) Our client runs a very friendly and none pressurised working environment with flexible working hours and has plenty of scope for career progression.
As a Build & Release Engineer you will be working alongside of a bright and motivated team in a highly collaborative environment. You will be responsible for managing the application build & deployment as well as managing the development environment tools whilst implementing new features and enhancing existing functionality
- Provide software configuration control (SCC) and continuous integration (CI) support.
- Manage the software version control system, it’s hosting and access.
- Manage and configure code collaboration and review tools.
- Manage the CI system.
- Manage application build and deployment.
- Bring and apply knowledge of UNIX/Linx server configuration.
- Provide application build and deployment support to the software development groups.
- Contribute to application build and deployment documentation;
- Use technical and professional knowledge to contribute to the technical and process improvements in software development environment configuration and management;
- Pursue continuous professional development in build and release approaches and tooling.
- Previous experience in a Software Build & Release
- Maven, Groovy
- Git & Jenkins
- Unix / Linux
Nice to have
- A degree in science, engineering, mathematics or computer science
- Maven / Tycho
- Remuneration: Base salaries ranging from £35,000 - £45,000 (Depending on experience)
- Work life balance: Our client offers Flexi-Time and Flexible Working
- Voluntary on call bonuses: (There will be no expectation to be on call and is 100% voluntary)
- Pension: Our client offers a choice of an index linked career average public sector or partnership pensions. This includes employer contributions and life cover
- Learning & Development: For appropriate courses and other forms of learning to enhance your skills and development.
- Membership of Professional Bodies: Financial contribution towards membership of one professional body
- Relocation worth up to £8,000: In approved cases our client will offer financial assistance for an individual to move house and relocate within a close vicinity
- Health & Wellbeing: From your first day of employment you are entitled to the company sickness pay scheme.
- Maternity and Paternity Provision: Enhanced support.
- Employee Assistance Programme: A support programme for all our employees to seek confidential advice on a wide range of matters.
- VDU Use: Our client will contribute towards the costs of eye examinations and glasses/lenses for VDU users
- Cycle to work scheme: Employees are able to participate in this government approved scheme which enables you to buy a new bike tax free.
- Discounts: Access to reduced rates on a range of products. Currently these include a mobile phone provider, children’s summer holiday camps provider and a limited range of IT products
- Association for Project Management: Our client is a Corporate Affiliate of the Association for Project Management, which is a Chartered body for the profession of project management. All employees therefore have access to a range of their services.