We are excited to be assisting our Client to recruit a Buyer for their Swindon based manufacturing business. You will report to the Supply Chain Manager supporting the delivery and implementation of supply chain strategies that significantly improve supply performance, client relationships and optimise working capital
- Develop strong and effective supplier relationships, ensuring a consistently high standard of service
- New supplier review and negotiation
- Benchmarking of prices to ensure the supply base remains competitive
- Investigate and manage supplier delivery dates and any issues
- Drive cost reduction and quality improvements
- Conduct regular supplier performance reviews and maintain performance KPIs
- Process purchase orders using the ERP system outputs
- Maintain accurate supplier data within the ERP system
- Optimisation of inventories and working capital
- Minimum of 2 years experience working as a buyer within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of ERP systems, Epicor would be a particular advantage.
- Ability to produce, organise and analyse data from the ERP system to be able to plan and purchase goods in a timely and cost effective manner to support the production plan, delivery of customer orders in full and inventory targets.
- Confidence and ability to create, negotiate, and review basic supply agreements, including benchmarking the imported global supply chain from to ensure they remain competitive.
- Understand the supply chain’s influence on working capital investment and to review and keep control of inventory data parameters, hence keeping stock and the company’s cash flow under control.
- Ability to report and manage a supplier’s performance against KPIs whilst still maintaining good supplier relationships
- Confidence and ability to manage stress in the event of supply chain exceptions
- Have a CIPs qualification or be working towards.
- This is a permanent position based in Swindon
- Competitive salary
- Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm and Friday 7.30am - 12.45pm
- Free On-Site parking.
By applying for this role you give permission for Purely Recruitment to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Purely recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.