A chartered financial planning firm are looking to hire an employed IFA to join their business based in Milton Keynes. This is an opportunity for a determined and proactive individual willing to embrace company culture and being involved in all areas of work.
This would suit an individual who seeks progression as part of a team and embraces the prospect to be involved in a growing company where they can personally make a difference.
The day to day workload will involve meeting and dealing with clients, carrying out research and writing client reports. Aspects of research and report-writing can in due course be delegated to support staff. The role requires you to work in collaboration with an existing team and dealing with individual clients from differing backgrounds and with a range of portfolio sizes.
- Holistic long-term financial planning
- Investment advice
- Pensions and pension benefits
- Trusts and inheritance tax
There is also the opportunity for the successful candidate to contribute to the client wealth management function, which involves research and selection of funds and asset allocation in relation to bespoke discretionary client portfolios, centrally managed portfolios and investments on an advised basis.
As a minimum, a Financial Planner must hold the CII Diploma in Financial Planning, or equivalent Level 4 Financial Planning qualification.
There would be an expectation that the successful candidate would pursue chartered status with the support structure provided by the company.
Other necessary skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in the delivery of the client service
- Good IT skills, particularly Office suite
- Experience across all areas of advice including complex pensions and investments work
- Able to use software packages such as Excel/Word/Outlook
A comprehensive package on offer for the Financial Planner starting at £40,000-£50,000+ depending on experience as well as a generous benefits package.