LEGAL EXECUTIVE / PARALEGAL
JOB TITLE: Legal Executive - Clinical Negligence - Claimant
SALARY: upto £23,000 - depending on experience
LOCATION: Leeds City Centre
HOURS OF WORK: 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday + Bens
Do you commute to work at a distance and now looking to work in Leeds City Centre? If so, we are currently recruiting for a Clinical Negligence Legal Executive on behalf of our client, a well-known firm of Solicitors.
Are you an experienced Legal Executive with a minimum of 12 months experience looking to join a leading law firm? If so, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Negligence Executive with good IT skills, we would also welcome your CV.
Main Purpose of the role:
Your main purpose of this role is to provide full support to a Partner within a busy Clinical Negligence department. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a lively team in a varied and fast paced role and to support the practice area to provide a quality, tailored and supportive legal service to their clients on clinical negligence matters
- Run a caseload and assist prospective and existing clients with complaints about medical treatment and inquests
- Assisting with the screening of new enquiries
- Conducting medical and legal research as required
- Assisting with funding applications
- Assisting with drafting statements for factual witnesses
- Requesting medical records
- Sorting, indexing and paginating medical records
- Preparing chronologies
- Assisting in preparing formal instructions and liaising with those experts
- Attending and preparing notes of conferences
- Drafting Protocol Letter of Claim
- Proofreading and editing documents as necessary
- Assisting with the preparation of Schedules of Loss
- Attending Inquests, court applications and trial where necessary and preparing notes of hearings
- Assisting with the development of the department’s precedents
- Participating in department meetings
- Reviewing and monitoring new and up to date legal developments in medical negligence law
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties from time to time allocated to the role.
- Minimum experience of 12 months in Clinical Negligence
- Is passionate and enthusiastic about medical negligence work.
- Holds either a law degree or a qualifying degree and has completed the GDL 1 year conversion course.
- Delivers high-quality legal services on own initiative
- Has a proven track record in delivering personal injury and/or medical negligence work and a wide range of experience
- Demonstrates a passion for and delivers a high level of client service including responsiveness and accessibility.
- Deals with clients in a sensitive, professional and competent way; and pitches all communications with clients at a level appropriate to the individual concerned.
- Innovative, positive and client-focused attitude.
- Sympathetic and empathetic to the particular needs of disabled and elderly clients.
- Able to handle highly confidential and sensitive patient information
- Sets and strives for high standards throughout their work.
- Accurate, thorough with good analytical skills.
- Maintains the strictest standards of client confidentiality at all times
- Has a positive attitude and works well under pressure.
- Good document management skills.
- Adheres to the firm’s procedures for file
- Is aware of client needs.
- Demonstrates empathy and is respectful.
- Respects others cultural viewpoints and perspectives, is constructive and understanding
Can commute from: Leeds, Wakefield, Rothwell, Stanley, Churwell, Morley, Gildersome, Pudsey, Swilington, Garforth, Yeadon Rawdon, Crossgates, Roundhay and Adel
KEYWORDS: Legal Assistant, Clinical Negligence, Personal Injury, Claimant, Law Firm, Legal. Team Assistant.